Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q. Does SLP School Staffing work with any other disciplines besides SLPs?
A. Though SLP School Staffing works primarily with SLP candidates, we also work with OTs and PTs who are interested in school-based job opportunities.
2. Q. Does SLPSchool Staffing work with bachelor level therapists and SLP/CFY candidates?
A. Yes! SLP School Staffing will work with CFYs, SLPAs, COTAs, and PTAs interested in school-based job opportunities.
3. Q. How does the hiring process work?
A. The first step would be for you to contact us and tell us about your need so that we know what you are looking for! After we have your resume in hand, we go on behalf of you as a company and present you to the schools that match your needs. Once we have found the job opening(s) that match, we will set up an interview ASAP. Should you accept the position, we will send you an agreement form along with a new hire packet to confirm your position and to welcome you to our company. After you submit these forms back to us, all you have to do is show up for work and do what you do best!
4. Q. How long does this process take?
A. While we can't guarantee a time frame for you, we can assure you that the recruiting specialists at SLP School Staffing are going to work for you in a highly efficent and communicative manner. Typically we are able to get through the entire process in one 5-day work week, assuming that both the job seeker and the employer are willing to work with us in the same manner. Just remember, the more you make us a priority, the more we can prioritize you!
4. Q. Will you keep the personal information from my resume confidential during your job search?
A. Absolutely! We realize that you may be currently working, or have other reasons to keep your personal information disclosed. Therefore SLP School Staffing will NEVER reveal your name or contact information to a school system unless we have received your permission beforehand.
5. Q. Am I committed to SLP School Staffing during the job search? At what point am I committed to working for your company?
A. No. You are only committed to working for SLP School Staffing once you have signed the agreement forms indicating your committment to us.
6. Q. Are there any fees for your job/candidate searches?
A. No! SLP School Staffing will conduct these top quality searches for you free of charge.
7. Q. What kind of compensation should I expect as a candidate?
A. Your discipline, educational background, previous experience, geographic location, and availability all play a part in the development of your compensation package. We would be more than happy to speak with you about these variables so that we can provide you with a highly competitive compensation package that you will be satisfied with.
8. Q. What kind of rates should I expect as an employer who needs to contract a therapist?
A. Your geographic location, job description, the discipline of your therapist, and the worth of the therapist you hire all play a part in the all-inclusive hourly rate we will charge your school system. We would be more than happy to speak with you about these variables so that we can calculate an accurate rate for your school system's needs.
9. Q. Does SLP School Staffing place candidates in part-time positions as well as full-time positions?
A. Yes. We present part-time job opportunities to candidates and part-time therapists to clients.
10. Q. How will I be paid?
A. All of our therapists working contract assignments will be paid directly by SLP School Staffing.